As we are an Independent Practice we have a fantastic variety of types and brands of contact lenses. Our expertise will ensure you find the right type of contact lens to suit you and your lifestyle
Proprietor Glen Ward has over 35 years experience as a qualified dispensing contact lens optician and specialises in fitting keratoconics. He has lectured on the subject of contact lenses to other Optometrists around the UK and is fully qualified in fitting all types of lenses.
Soft contact lenses and Dailies
These have the advantage of being easy to wear and providing good comfort without a long period of adaptation. Older hydrogel materials (a mixture of water and plastic polymers) are now being superseded by silicone hydrogel materials, a development introducing silicone into the plastic matrix. These provide up to five times the oxygen permeability of the older lens materials allowing the eye to breathe more easily and promote better eye health while wearing lenses.
Toric soft lenses can correct astigmatism and multifocal lenses may help those over 40’s who experience reading difficulty.
Here’s why you might like them:
- You never have to clean them with solutions of any kind.
- At the end of the day, you just take them out and throw them away.
- Extra space in your suitcase when you go on holidays as no need to pack cleaning solutions.
- Every day, just wear a new pair. No need to worry about how long you’ve worn them and if a new pair are due.
- No blind spots as with glasses frames – all round clearer view
- If you suffer from allergies or hayfever you are more likely to be successful with this type of lens than a monthly disposable.
- Twice monthly disposable contact lenses that can be worn daily for up to two weeks at a time. They must be removed at night and cleaned and stored with the solutions recommended to you by your optician.
- Twice monthly lenses in some cases may offer better value since you purchase fewer lenses.
- They are typically made from a material called silicone hydrogel which allows much more oxygen through the lens compared to standard contact lenses. This is good for your eye health and aids comfort.
- You only need 12 pairs of contact lenses for the whole year.
- Option of silicone hydrogel material which allows much more oxygen through the lens compared to standard contact lenses. This is good for your eye health and aids comfort.
- Monthly disposable contact lenses can be worn daily for up to a month. They must be removed before going to bed each night, then cleaned and stored with the solutions recommended to you by your optician.
- They come in different types including monthly toric (corrects astigmatism), monthly multifocal (allows you to see distance and near), and monthly coloured (enhance or change the colour of your eyes).
If you don’t want specs but need vision correction, contact lenses offer an easy alternative. Contact lenses also don’t fog up, get wet in the rain or misplaced during your day. If you play sport, you could find contact lenses ideal, because they won’t be affected by rain, snow, sweat or condensation. Of course, they also won’t fall off! You can easily wear other items over your eyes, like sunglasses, goggles or skiwear.